Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CHANGE RUSTON in a good way/manner

I have thought about Ruston, especially Louisiana Tech University, as an example of the beautiful landscape. It was seen as a traditional American University site to me, at fitst time, I have visited the campus about 7 years ago.

I was still a teenager and not such age anymore but the campus has not changed except the new Biomedical building and few renovations which even I cannot point it out how it has been changed. Tech is/was seen beautiful because it is different from my old university I attended at first in my country.The school is at the edge of downtown, Sendai which is the capitol city of Miyagi prefecture, and has history more than 100 years.

On the other hand, Tech is near downtown Ruston ,and has about same long history as my old school has.

Louisiana, Lincoln Parish Corridors http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/index.htm

The difference between two school is the nature surround city. Even though my city is called as "City of Trees", there are no trees like Ruston and campus have.
Trees in/around Ruston is seen much wilder and beautifully natural and in Sendai is seen much manufactured ones.
I am not saying that nature in downtown is not good idea, but that nature in Ruston is not made for it and that I do not want destroy its beauty anymore.

I create quick "IF..." images using Photoshop.
This is the original image of LaTech campus view from Hale Hall.


First, IF, Ruston's downtown looks like Houston,
HOUrusTON

How about IF there is a mountain appeared,


So, IF Ruston is moved to the Space,

As you can see clearly, changing a part of landscape(or space) can change total image of the original either people like it or not. Which means, use of landscape affects view of building. So I believe, how and what you bring a tint of change makes better or worth on the view strongly. Because I like nature as there it is, what we can take away from original landscape and what we apply after is very important. It should be thought original environment as well to create and keep its beauty and harmony. I do not against changing Ruston like modern city but I do against doing it wrong direction like destroying tree to make new property. There are huge scales of ruin spots in Ruston, so there are no or less needs of creating human-made flat land which Louisiana originally has the characteristic.

No comments:

Post a Comment